Welcome to Harold Sokel CPA P.C.

A Certified Public Accountant You Can Rely On

Making Tax Preparation Simple

No other accountant in New York (Long Island) offers you better service for all of your tax prep, business, and personal financial service needs.

Harold’s 40+ years of experience and knowledge help save money for small businesses, individuals, and non-profit groups.

Harold believes that fees for tax services should be reasonable and transparent. Once he gives a price, he sticks to it. Unlike some accounting firms, Harold Sokel CPA charges flat fees for all tax returns. You will not be charged extra for follow-up calls or tax questions, and Harold encourages clients to call him directly whenever such questions arise.

The Tax Expert You've Been Looking For

Full Service Tax Filing

We’ll do everything that we can to make sure you are in good standing with the IRS.


We’ll relieve you of unnecessary stress by maintaining records of all your business transactions.

Individual & Corporate Tax Returns

We’ll help file your tax returns, which we know can be intimidating for individuals and business-owners alike.

Compromises & Settlements

If you have not filed tax returns and/or owe back-taxes for past years, we will work with the IRS on your behalf to obtain a favorable compromise or settlement to resolve your existing tax liabilities.

IRS Assistance

We’ll help you navigate any IRS tax issues, including audits, examinations, and tax debt. We specialize in working out settlement offers and compromises with the IRS on behalf of our clients. If you or your business owes back-taxes for prior years, Harold Sokel CPA can help you work out a deal with the IRS to resolve those liabilities.

About Harold Sokel CPA P.C.

Help relieve stress when filing your taxes

Harold Sokel provides a personal approach to tax preparation services. Harold has a proven track record of successfully serving small businesses, individuals, non-filers, and non-profit groups, and he would be glad to assist you.

Here to Help!

Through your tax preparation and more!

Want More Information?

Certified Public Accountant FAQS

Answers to Questions We Often Recieve

Harold Sokel is a professional and friendly Certified Public Accountant in Cedarhurst, New York. Harold offers tax, business, and financial services to clients all across New York.

Choosing Harold as your Certified Public Accountant will provide a more personal approach to taxes. He understands the baggage that comes with tax preparation. He can do it all. Got a complicated income? Do you have a ton of assets you need to list out? Or are you simply overwhelmed by the task of filling out the countless tax paperwork?

Well, fear no more! Harold has a proven track record of successfully serving small businesses, individuals, and non-profit groups as a Certified Public Accountant. Harold’s tax preparation and filing services are top-notch, giving you the best possible outcome on your returns and ensuring that you are in excellent standing with the IRS. He’ll offer one-on-one guidance to help you through your tax preparation and more, making him the most client-friendly Certified Public Accountant around!

So don’t wait call now and see what Harold can do with your taxes. You won’t regret having him as your Certified Public Accountant!

According to Investopedia,

A certified public accountant (CPA) is an accounting professional licensed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) at the state they currently live in. To become a CPA, the person must meet requirements in experience and training as well as pass the Uniform CPA Exam.

The most popular sectors CPAs work include:

  • Public accounting
  • Business and industry
  • Government
  • Education
  • Non-profit


Accountants who are CPAs are generally given more flexibility in their careers. They are often hired for their knowledge and credentials in the industry the accountant has chosen. Harold is no exception, as he has a proven track record of specializing in helping small businesses and non-profit groups with their taxes and finances.

The most common form of documentation is a W-2 form, which most employees receive from their employers. If you are an independent contractor, however, you will need to acquire a 1099-Misc form from the client(s) that paid you for contracting work.

The documents you need to bring for your income tax include:

  • Social security number and/or tax ID number
  • Your Spouse’s full name, social security number/tax ID number, and date of birth (IF YOU ARE MARRIED!)
  • Information about regarding stimulus payment A.K.A. economic impact payment (EIP). You may have IRS Notice 1444 or other records showing your EIP amount
  • Your Identity Protection PIN issued to you, spouse, and/or dependent by the IRS.
  • Both Routing and account numbers to receive your refund via direct deposit or pay your balance due (optional)

The best way to get in contact with Harold is to call 516-242-6291 or email him at sos611@gmail.com. Additionally, you can go to the contact page and fill out the form with your name, email, phone number, and message for Harold.

Fill out this form and we'll get back to you.